Thursday, April 26, 2012

[SKINFOOD] Fresh Apple Smooth Pore Cream

[SKINFOOD] recently released two new skin care lines: the Steam Milk line for dry skin and the Fresh Apple line which is designed for oily skin with enlarged pores. Since both new lines seem very interesting I purchased some things. The only one I received a few days ago is the Fresh Apple Smooth Pore Cream. Waiting for the other products to arrive soon as well!
The Fresh Apple products shall control sebum, smoothing and moisturizing the skin and reducing the pores size.

The following products are available:
- Sparkling Pore Toner
- Sparkling Pore Emulsion
- Sparkling Pore Serum
- Sparkling Pore Cream
- Smooth Pore Cream
- Mild Pore Peeling Gel
- Deep Clear Pore Mask
- Sparkling Pore Toner (for Men)
- Sparkling Pore Emulsion (for Men)

Beside the Smooth Pore Cream I also ordered the Sparkling Pore Cream and Mild Pore Peeling Gel plus, some samples of the Toner, Emulsion and Serum.

Description: A smooth pore cream that contains apple extract and sparkling water to tighten enlarged pores while controlling excessive sebum and oiliness.
The Smooth Pore Cream comes in a small light green tube and contains 30ml only. On the front is a 'sparkling green apple' print while on the back is just the description in Korean. The twist-off lid looks like metal and got an apple print as well.
The main ingredients in this product line are Apple Extract, Malic Acid and Carbonated Water to control excess sebum, shrink pores and balance the skin.
The consistency is similar to a lotion but not as runny. It has just a white color and a fresh scent which reminds me rather of cucumber than apple.
Because of the small size (30ml) I don't know if I should apply the cream to my whole face or just to areas with enlarged pores (nose, cheeks). Furthermore, the Smooth Pore Cream is for me more like a face primer than a face cream. It makes my skin more sleek, matte and large pores smaller but it doesn't feel very moisturizing. For that I ordered the Sparkling Pore Cream which seems to be a face cream!
My skin still gets oily, therefore I'm not 100% satisfied with it. I hope the other ones will be better!

How to use: After last step, spread the cream over your face and let it soak into your pores.

Price (each): around 12,- €/ US$16 
Bought at: eBay (gooditem2012)    

What I love:  
My skin feels more sleek and pores are a bit smaller (not all, though).

What I don’t like: 
It is more like a primer and not moisturizing enough to use as face cream. 
The oil control could be better as well! 

Will I buy this again? No, not this cream! Will see how the other products work.

7 comments:

  1. i'm a fan of skin food and i didn't know they have this new line.. i will check their websites right after this! :)
    finally they have a line for pores after peach sake. i'm gonna buy this..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope these products work as well as the Peach Sake one. =)

      Delete
  2. i just buy this one, exactly the same when i visit Korea last week. actually, it's not for face moisturize, so, yes, you won't feel it. i ask the skin food staff, smooth pore cream main function is to make your pore look smaller. she said, apply only on your nose and cheek after your basic skin care (serum - emulsion/daycream/moisturizer - smooth pore cream). hope it helps :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for telling me! =) That's why the tube is quite small, too.
      Seems like it is just a primer/ pore cover as I thought. ^^

      Delete
  3. Hello, there
    I'm a fan of skinfood product. I use the peach sake toner, N I pretty much like it since it's been helping me to balance my oily skin. I'm curious about this new product about pore things, guess I'm gonna try it next :)

    btw I followed ur blog via GFC, u can follow me back if u like^^
    baladapenulisamatir.blogspot.com
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following me! =)
      I use the Peach Sake Pore Serum only but that one is ok already. I'm still waiting for my other Fresh Apple products. Wanna know how they work on me. ^^

      Delete
  4. Hi Tira,
    Did u know the difference between these items ?
    - Sparkling Pore Cream
    - Smooth Pore Cream
    >o< i've been using smooth pore cream, its give me very smooth and matte finish. actually i'm using it as a primer (my make up last long enough)
    Thanks ^o^

    ReplyDelete